Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Season of Squash

This last week has been full of squash. Not really Keith's favorite time of year, but I make it bearable.

The first squash experience was a butternut squash soup with all sorts of mystery veggies (carrots, celery, zucchini, potatoes) blended in. We also had a salad, and Joseph decided to pick nasturtium flowers to add to the greens. He makes me happy.
We also had spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs and veggie sauce. The boys really went  for it (especially since there were meatballs involved)
Sunday I made a beef stew in a pumpkin and a whole wheat oatmeal bread. Really good!!
Then pumpkin custard pies for community dinner. (kind of a decent mistake)
Short blog today, just a list to get things down, but I will post the recipe for the pumpkin stew as requested and maybe if i have time I will post my chili recipe so Dwight can find it whenever he needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment