Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feeding the Village

So last night I made wheat pasta with a veggie/meat tomato sauce (zucchini, summer squash, onions, red peppers). I also had the compulsion to use this really big new bowl I got at the Boston Project yard sale, so I made a really big salad.

Some of the neighborhood kids came over after dinner, and since it was a little chilly for playing outside they came in. As they walked in they looked longingly at the salad that was left from dinner that was still sitting on the dining room table. I noticed and offered them some. All three proceeded to polish off the huge salad with gusto. While they ate we sat and chatted about their day etc... Their mom came in while they were eating and commented that she was glad they had eaten because now she didn't have to feed them later, and one of them spoke up and blessed my heart. She said brightly, "Yeah mom, and I am eating something good for me."

I hope that my home continues to be a place where I can bless others with good food that is good for their bodies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment