Thursday, September 23, 2010

And they ate it!!! Stuffed Peppers

Sorry for the gap in blogging. Getting Joseph adjusted to Kindergarten has been exhausting. But tonight is worth talking about.

I made stuffed peppers. I did not have all of the regular fillings, so I just stuffed it with what I have. So the peppers were stuffed with rice, turkey sausage (Italian), carrots, tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, thyme and white wine. I put a slice of mozzarella cheese on top and baked them over sliced tomatoes (which baked up really nicely). They cooked for 30 min at 350 degrees, and here is the real shocker....EVERYONE ATE IT...WITHOUT ANY COMPLAINT. I was floored, I almost didn't realize it until I cleared the plates. It felt good.

Yesterday I made lots of steamed babyfood with Sherimon Zucchini, carrots, and sweet potatoes. She was a great help!

I have also started making my own herbal iced tea.  I combined fresh dandelion greens with mint and two slices of lemon, and poured boiling water on top. After it steeped for a long time I put it in the fridge. It was good, a little bitter, but I liked it. I will experiment more

No comments:

Post a Comment