Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Everything's-in-it Curry

It has been a while since I went to the grocery store. Last night I looked around to see what we had as options for dinner. i had some eggplants and apples left from my fair foods run, and one chicken breast. So I decided to work with that. I braised the breast with curry rub, then cooked up onions, eggplant, peppers, garlic, apples and rasins. I added some water, more curry and some cornstarch, then cut up the chicken breast and simmered it all together. Served it over rice, and cleaned out my fridge. It was really good, but it was a little spicy, so the boys ate left over chicken drum sticks, apples, and hommus and pita.
I did get to the store today. I was hoping to hop over to Fair Foods too, but of course, after I got home and Keith took the van for a Boston Project donation run, Nancy called. Bummer. Hopefully I will catch up with them soon. I did buy some crap I probably shouldn't have today, but I bought a lot of fresh and good things too. :)
I could not find jiccima. I was excited about using it in a salad I have a recipe for. Apparently none of the grocery stores in our area regularly carry it, but the lady at Stop and Shop is ordering it for me. I can pick it up on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment