Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A weekend of Local Fare

This being a holiday weekend there was a lot of social eating. Our friends Kelly and Dan came to visit. We ate local Thai, they got beef patties from Taste Of Eden, and we went to Cafe Pompeii in the North End for Gelato. In between we did attempt to eat some healthy things.


I made a Chicken Soba with carrot, cucumber, scallions, cilantro and snap peas as fresh additions. We also had bok choi sauteed with celery, red pepper, chilis, ginger and onions. It was a very good dinner after a lunch of Jamaican beef patties.

We had a picnic lunch yesterday with the Malkemes. they brought chicken and hot dogs for the grill and a potato salad. I made a green salad, and a quinoa salad with peppers, onion, artichokes, parsley, and feta cheese. I did not have a lemon, so I just used some light Cesar dressing. Fun fact: Quinoa is a complete protien. We also had deviled eggs. (I am at the end of my food shopping week, I was grasping at straws)
For dinner I used all the left over sides, and cooked up some drumsticks which usually are Joseph's favorite, but he refused to eat anything. I did learn though that he only likes quinoa "roasted" or cooked. Good information for later. :)

I am going to try and find Jiccima this week. I have heard that it is good, and I would like to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment