Monday, May 2, 2011

Wedding Cake

So I have not posted anything healthy and good because for the last few weeks I have been consumed with wedding cake. It was a pretty awesome cake. I am very proud of it. I used a lemon ginger butter cake. Each tier had four layers of cake and three filing layers. Two layers of apricot cognac filling, and one chocolate ganache.
The cake was covered in fondant and decorated with raffia and fresh flowers.

p.s. All the ingredients were organic and fairly purchased

2 comments:

  1. wow--I can't believe you made that yourself--its so beautiful and the flavors sound delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow. That cake looks amazing. This makes me even more sad that I had to miss the wedding because of a death in the family... But way to go, Sarah!
    -Chrissie
    P.S. Hi, Missy!

    ReplyDelete