Friday, May 6, 2011

Fava Falafel Flop

So today was fun. Three of our butterflies emerged which was fascinating. But dinner...didn't go so well. I tried the Falalfel recipe (three blogs down) I prepared it soon after I finished cooking the Fava beans and then put it in a container in the fridge. It tasted good, and looked OK. Today I followed the directions to cook it up for dinner. I also made a beautiful marinated cucumber and tomato salad. The oil was hot, I put in my first ball of falalfel into the pan, it sizzled nicely....and then disintegrated into the oil.  WHAT???!!! So i tried another route. i heated up the grill pan prepared to just grill them a patties. I put them on the pan, they started to cook, then spread like pancakes and go all mushy. :-( I WAS NOT HAPPY.
It was very sad for me to have to scrape off the crusty bits of falalfel mix back into the Rubbermaid container. The boys weren't too put out  because they got to go get pizza at Costco. I need to get a better falalfel recipe, and learned the painful lesson that not everything you read on the Internet is true. That recipe sucked.

My next project: I am making lunch for the ladies at my Bible study this Thursday for our final meeting. My goal is to make a fresh, free and delicious meal using only things I can get from Fair Foods. Easy. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment