Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Mothership


This right here is one of the main reasons that I started my blog. This notebook was given to me at my wedding shower by my husband's mother and his grandmothers. The beginning of the book contains family recipes that they often made for my husband growing up, most of them are  his favorites. The rest of the book is filled with recipes I collected over the last 17 years. I added some of my family's traditional recipes, the pizza dough recipe my best friend's mom used that always works, new recipes that my growing family loved. It was a place to put these treasures so I could find them again and again when I needed them.

But then it started to look like this:


The well used and well loved book started to look a little battle worn. It now has a protective coating of grime and some recipes are hard to read between the stains and fading. I realized recently, as my own boys are attempting to build their cooking skills, that many of these recipes are not on the blog. I am going to amend that soon. There will be a lot of family favorites making their way off the dirty pages of the book and onto the net. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment