Thursday, March 8, 2018

Weeknight Veggie Curry

I try to keep an arsenal of fast and fresh recipes for those weeknights where dinner must happen fast, and must feed the ravenous hoard that is my family. This one always goes over well and it incorporates some Trader Joes products that I have come to appreciate so I don't mind highlighting them. They are staples that I purchase at each visit, are versatile and never disappoint. 



This dish can be made with any veggies you have on hand, fresh or frozen. Use what you like and what you have, make it your own.  My curry usually reflects my Fair Foods share for the week. Whatever we get in our $2 bag goes into the curry. For more information on this food rescue non-profit based in Boston, check out their website: http://www.fairfoods.org/ , and if you live in the Boston area visit them at one of their many distribution sites.



WEEKNIGHT VEGGIE CURRY

Ingredients:

1 onion chopped

1 tablespoon butter

3 carrots chopped

2 stalks celery chopped

1 medium eggplant chopped in 1 inch cubes

2 medium white potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes

1 head of broccoli cut into flourettes (you could use frozen if you want)

1 bottle of Trader Joes Red curry sauce

1/2 cup peanuts

Directions:

1. Prepare all your veggies.

2. Heat a large, covered frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and onion to the pan, and cook the onion until it is slightly opaque.

3. Add all the rest of the veggies to the pan along with the sauce and peanuts. Stir and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to bring it to a simmer, cover and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.

4. Serve and enjoy

*I served my curry with spring rolls and Naan. I start the spring rolls when I start the curry. When the timer for the spring rolls goes off the curry is done too. The Naan cooks at the same temperature as the spring rolls (convenience) but it only takes 2 minutes to warm.

Here are the Trader Joe products that make this meal so easy and delicious





No comments:

Post a Comment