Sunday, July 3, 2016

Thai Carrot and Cucumber Noodle Salad



For Mothers' day this year my kids bought me a spiralizer!! I was super excited to play with this new tool, but the busyness of life kept me from having the time to try any new recipes for about two weeks. Finally I came home with a box of cucumbers ready to try this recipe and went to break out my spiralizer.....It was gone!

My spiralizer came in a little box, and I had left it safely on my veggie cart in my kitchen to wait until I had time to play. Unfortunately, the recycle was also placed temporarily on the veggie cart, and my brand new, in-the-box spiralizer was recycled. (my kids are so efficient in their chores)



I got a replacement one, and here is the first recipe that I was able to try. It is fabulously tasty..Enjoy!

Thai Carrot and Cucumber Noodle Salad

Ingredients:

14 oz. can of chickpeas
1 1/2 English cucumbers
1 cup chopped pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
2-3 large carrots
1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley or dill

Dressing:
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
pinch of salt/pepper to taste
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of Chinese 5 spice
1 tbsp black sesame seeds

Directions:

1. Use the spiralizer to make cucumber and carrot "noodles," and combine with chickpeas, onions, and peppers.

2. In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, toss and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment