Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Red Curry Coconut Braised Greens

Last week was my last farm share pick up of 2014. Our farm share was such an amazing blessing! A box of bounty each week, fresh and delicious. I seriously was lost in the grocery store this week. I am used to having a starting point at home  that I frame my menu around. The produce section looked like an overwhelming labyrinth. I am not ready for this





Anyway...(breathe) one of the recipes that came with my last box was Red Curry Coconut Braised Greens. I am always looking for a new way to use greens with my family. They are not really into just plain greens, or sauteed with garlic. Greens need to be hidden, or dressed up singing and dancing, masquerading as something else for my boys to attempt to eat them. This recipe caught my eye because they ALL love coconut curry. It was worth a try.




It was well received! If you are not into things being spicy hold back some of the Sriracha. I love it, so it worked for us. This recipe is a unique way to serve greens. You can use it as a side, or throw some beans and nuts in it, top off some rice and use it as the main dish.

Red Curry Coconut Braised Collards

1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 bunch of collards, stems removed, chopped
1 garlic clove diced
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 tsp sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
3/4 cup coconut milk

1. In a large saute pan heat oil over meidum high. Add onions  and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes.

2. Stir in collards and let wilt down, cook for about 2 minutes.

3. Mix together Sriracha, curry paste, sugar, salt, pepper, and coconut milk in a small bowl. Add sauce to collards and simmer until tender (4-6 minutes). Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment