Friday, February 1, 2013

Great-Grandmother's Banana Bread (non-vegan)

I do remember my great-grandmother. I don't ever remember her making this banana bread. I remember she had a pink velvet couch that I thought should have belonged to Cleopatra, but I was never allowed to sit on. She also had shiny golden, pointed-toed house slippers that i thought should have belonged to a Jeannie. I remember that she had HBO to watch the Dallas Cowboys, and when we ate a her house we had Campbell's Soup and sandwiches.

This recipe is attributed to her though, and it makes me happy to make it especially when I have a lot of brown bananas that need to be baked into something yummy. This recipe makes 1 loaf, but it successfully doubles if you want to make two. Just remember if you are baking both of them in the same oven to rotate them half-way through.






Banana Bread

3 very ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

In a mixer, mash the bannana, then add the sugar and eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment