Sunday, November 25, 2012

Vegan Zucchini Sticks

When I was little our grandparents would take my brother and I to this amazing little Greek restaurant near Atlantic City, NJ called ZORBA'S. One of our favorite things was to get a whole bunch of Greek appetizers and have a taste of them all. We really liked the fried zucchini sticks that you dipped in sauce. I found this vegan version and tried it as part of our vegan Thanksgiving snacks. It worked really well. I did not use zucchini because I had a bunch of summer squash, which substitute quite well. My family really enjoyed them, and even Keith, my local summer squash hater ate two and said they were not bad for squash. (small victories)



Vegan Zucchini Sticks

2 Small Zucchini, cut into 2-inch sticks
1 cup almond milk (unflavored and unsweetened)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup vegan parmesan
salt and pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment or use a baking stone.

2. Mix the crumbs, parmesan and dash of salt and pepper.

3. Dip the zucchini sticks in the almond milk, then roll to coat in the bread crumb mixture and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment