Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

We have been dabbling in the Keto life here in the Riddlehaus. As of June I have committed to a year of trying the no-carb, high fat retraining diet. So far the good things I have noticed are that my digestion is so much better. I think carbs make my tummy sad. I also notice I have more energy and my  monthly "lady problems" have been much less extreme. All that to say...there will be a lot more Keto recipes up on the blog so I can keep track of things that work. This first one is a fat bomb. It sounds like something terrible, but as far as Keto goes, fat is what you feed your brain, so in the afternoon, when I really want a brownie or cookies, fat bombs are key to keeping me on track. They are slightly sweet, chocolaty and peanut filled, and satisfying. The key is...you really can only eat one or two at a time. Still, self control necessary, can't get out of that one...ever.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons peanut butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons powdered swerve sweetener
pinch of pink sea salt
peanuts

1. Combine coconut oil and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. If they are in solid form (if it is not summer) melt them for 30 seconds in the microwave.

2. Add cocoa, vanilla, swerve and sea salt to the peanut butter and coconut oil, then whisk together until smooth.

3. Use a mini muffin tin, fill 12 tins 3/4 full with the fat bomb mixture. Sprinkle a few peanuts on top of each one, and gently press the nuts into the mix.

4. Let them set in the freezer for at least an hour. Pop them out of the mini muffin pan and store in a container in the freezer. Enjoy from frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment