Saturday, April 14, 2018

Sweet and Sour sauce

We do a lot of stir fry in our house. Sometimes I buy sauces, but I don't like all the added sugar or corn syrup that shows up in most of them. Sometimes I make my own sauces, but they are inconsistent in how they turn out.

This one turned out great! I was very pleased and wanted to make sure I saved it. So here is my new favorite recipe for sweet and sour stir fry sauce.



SWEET AND SOUR STIR FRY SAUCE

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 fresh   pineapple 
  • 1 Orange, peel and pith removes
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 4 tablespoons vinegar
  •  tablespoon soy sauce
  • 12 cup  packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarc
  • 1 tsp siracha sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth.

2. Add sauce to your stir fry when veggies are crisp tender and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened.

3. Enjoy!



For this recipe I added some left over smoked pork to the green bean, onion, carrot, summer squash and pineapple stir fry. The sauce works great with any combination of veggies and meat. Use what you have and make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment