Monday, February 27, 2012

Home Made Soothing Face Mask

This is my first recipe post that I do not recommend you eat.(it would not kill you, but it won't taste that great) Last week the Boston Riddles went south to visit Keith's family for 10 days. While we were there I discovered that I had shingles!! Now how I was planning on spending my vacation. Shingles is the reincarnation of dormant chicken pox, (Joseph refers to them as "the chicken Pox Strikes Back")so I found myself frequently remembering what my life was like when I was seven. I got a rash in my scalp and neck and it attacks the nerve endings which is really painful. ANYWAY...there was no calamine lotion in the house, and I really could not bathe my head in an oatmeal bath, so I made my own face mask I could put on my itchy and painful bumps which turned out really great. You don't have to have a strange disease to use it, much thanks to my awesome sister-in-law Heike who tried it out with me. It leaves your skin feeling refreshed and smooth, and it kept well in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days. Thanks also to my father-in-law for letting me desecrate the milkshake blender to make cosmetics. They all love me a lot.

Soothing Face Mask
you will need:
1 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup hot water
8 tbsp aloe

1. Mix the oatmeal and hot water together and let it sit for 5 min.
2. Combine the cucumber and oilive oil in the blender and pulse until the cucumber is evenly minced.
3. Add softened oatmeal and aloe to the blender and blend on high until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated. You may need to stop it a few times and scrape down the sides.
4. Wipe it all over your face and enjoy for 5- 10 min (try not to scare your kids) then rinse off with a warm wash cloth.

here is a better picture of Heike and Me when we don't have goop all over our faces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment