Saturday, October 29, 2011

Papaya Jam

I came into a box of beautiful Papayas this week and decided to make jam. It came out really well. There were 8 Papayas in my box and I used 7 of them. If you have less Papaya you can halve the recipe and it will come out fine. I prefer to chop the Papayas instead of mash them. I like having the bits of fruit in my jam. :)


Fresh Papaya Jam

8 cups finely chopped Papaya (skins and seeds removed)
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
2 envelopes of pectin
7 cups sugar


In a large heavy stockpot bring papaya, orange juice and pectin to a boil. Cook for about 10 min until the fruit is cooked and soft. Add the sugar and return to a boil. Allow the jam to boil for exactly one minute then remove from the heat. Fill prepared sterilized hot jars and process in a water bath for 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment