Monday, March 10, 2014

Product Review: Masaman Curry Paste

Our favorite local Thai Restaurant sells amazing Masaman Curry, it is my husband's favorite. I have tried to replicate it a few times semi-successfully, but on a recent trip to the Kam Man Asian market with a friend I found this. ( I have since also found it at Whole Foods) It is amazing! This little magic can contains a spice paste full of wonderful things: tamarind, onion, lemongrass etc... There are no funky/fake ingredients, and the directions are easy. (if you get the can with English directions)

Most of the time when I make it I use chickpeas, potatoes, peanuts and lots of veggies, pretty much whatever is in the fridge/freezer that I can throw at the pot. The spice paste needs to be sauteed with some coconut milk first, then you add more coconut milk, some veggie stock, and all your veggies. You can add any meat if you like. Keith likes it with chicken. Cook it all up for about 20 min and you are done. Serve it up over rice, it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment